Our Mission and Goals
The Collin County History Museum is an archival museum with historical artifacts, photographs, documents, diaries, manuscripts, historical maps, archival newspapers, and land records that provide valuable research information for genealogists, historians, authors, teachers and students. The museum has a library collection of books dedicated to Collin County and Texas History. Docents also provide interactive educational programming for students across Collin County.
The mission of the Collin History Museum is to:
Preserve and Honor the Past, Connect with the Present and Embrace the Future.
We are committed to the collection and preservation of the rich heritage and history of the people and events that helped shape the place we proudly call home, McKinney and Collin County.
We fulfill the mission of the organization through the following goals:
1) To preserve and protect our cultural history for future generations
2) To disseminate historical information through our museum collections, archives, research library, and publications
3) To promote resources and educational programs that highlight the history of Collin County and Texas and their contributions to our nation
4) To improve intellectual and physical access to our information and museum collections
5) To leverage new technology resources to engage visitors in a meaningful way